Support the Standard Bank Proteas with Simmi Areff
As the Standard Bank Proteas get ready for the 3rd Sunfoil test match when they take on India at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, comedian, Simmi Areff is eager to experience the crowds and the vibe which is sure to be an exciting event.
Simmi Areff, better known as a number 1 Protea fan, is rated as one of the top up and coming comedians in the country by City Press. He will be at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium taking on the ‘tweeting seat’, supporting South Africa all the way. This highlight’s yet another initiative of Bidvest Wanderers Stadium to provide fans and supporters with more of what they want and can relate to.
Simmi gives just some of his favourite reasons he loves the much-loved stadium:
- “My favourite player is AB de Villiers and my dream is to get his test jersey after a Wanderers test”- Join the que Simmi
- “The Boerewors rolls. I've travelled to every stadium in the country and the best boerewors rolls are at the wanderers. Coriander Corner (I think that’s what the stall is called I stand to be corrected)”
- “The war cries at any test. Every year I write up new songs and I get the crowd next to me. This year you can hear the greatest Despacito remix with Andile Phehlukwayo's name!”
- “If you drink then you need to be at the test match in the afternoons. There is nothing more fascinating to watch the creation of a snake made from empty castle lager cups.”
- “If you want a tan. Sit in the bleachers and wooden benches at the wanderers.”
- “The grass is the best place for you and your family. The kids are close enough to speak to the players and get autographs from their heroes. Also, they can play their own games of cricket and make friends.”
- “At lunch time you can go onto the field of the wanderers and look at the pitch. If you are lucky enough you can get interviewed by a commentator or at least be on tv while they are speaking about stuff.”
- “Meeting number 1 Proteas and lions fan Simmi Areff, he generally has a microphone and will record you for his podcast and you and your mates can have live cricket commentary while you watch the greatest sport ever made.”
- “I love a satisfying banter on Twitter with Tabraiz Shamsi and Wayne Parnell every now and again.”
The Bidvest Wanderers Stadium is excited to welcome fans of cricket to the test match on the 24th January 2018. If Simmi Areff is a number 1 fan of the Protea’s and Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, you should be too.