In support of the Standard Bank Proteas flying the South African flag during the ICC Cricket World Cup, the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium will open their facilities as a public viewing area or commonly known as a ‘fan park’.
Bidvest Wanderers Stadium management and staff would like to encourage the cricket loving community to get behind the team and #FlyTheFlag to #InspireProteas.
The Bidvest Wanderers Stadium facilities will be open on the following dates:
- Thursday, 30 May: 11h30 – 18h00, England vs SA
- Sunday, 23 Jun: 11h30 – 18h00, Pakistan vs SA
- Friday, 27 Jun: 11h30 – 18h00, Sri Lanka vs SA
- Saturday, 6 Jul: 14h30 – 22h00, Australia vs SA
- 9 & 11 Jul: 1st and 2nd semi-final*
- Sunday 14 Jul: Final*
The following terms and conditions will apply:
- It is a non-ticketed event.
- All fans must use Gate 1. Gates will be open from 09h00 and close 1-hour after the game.
- Fans can bring their own soft cooler bag, food, beverages, umbrellas, blankets and camp chairs.
- Fans are not permitted to bring alcohol (only soft beverages allowed).
- Glasses and bottles are not allowed.
- Normal match day security searches will take place.
- Umbrellas are not allowed on the field but are allowed on the grass embankment area.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the grass embarkment area.
- Alcohol is allowed on the field, however, no glasses are allowed on the field.
- Suite-holders will be allowed to use their suite subject to informing the stadium of their intended plans 3-days before each match date.
- Parking will be on own account at various parking venues (e.g. Melrose Arch etc)
- Please note that the Grounds team will work on the pitch or field on match days whilst the match is on